Sunday 10 January 2010

January 9th, 2010


Saturday is always my back-to-work day, since I have my weekends on Thursday and Friday. Currently we've been ordered to do over-hours, so it's 10-hour work days all through January. My problem with over-hours is not just the extra time at work. The whole arrangement affects my free time as well, since I arrive home tired and fall asleep much earlier than I usually would do.

This was also the day that the blizzard was predicted, but it never arrived here in Regensburg. There was hardly any wind (like the day before), and there was some snow in the evening, but nothing spectacular. As so often we have different weather than the rest of the country...

I finally got my DVD copy of Inglourious Basterds and watched it in the evening, I'll report on that on my other blog. However, it was nice to see that Tarantino built in a homage to cinema owners and projectionists and even took time to demonstrate some of the work that is done in the projection room. It gave me a sense of nostalgia watching this and remembering my times doing the exact same things as in this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment